Friday, April 11, 2008

#9 Steak & Mushroom Wraps

Ingredients:
1 lb. Cheap Steak, cut into chunks
1 pkg fresh Mushrooms, sliced
4 cups Spinach
1 med. Onion, chopped
1 can drained, rinsed Black Beans (I use low-sodium)
Tortillas
Mozzarella

Directions:
In a skillet, cook meat until done. Add Onion just before the meat is done. Then add the Mushrooms. After a minute or two add in the Black Beans (they really only need to be warmed up). Cook until the Mushrooms are a tiny bit crispier than you like. Then add the Spinach. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the spinach is wilty but not mushy. Serve in a tortilla and top with Mozzarella.

Notes:
The recipe doesn't say to use any spices but I suggest you do. It is a little bland otherwise. I heard it is good to put salt in with the onions to help them carmalize. I also suggest some pepper. I think I will put some parsley and maybe some cilantro next time.

The original recipe does not call for Steak but it is really good with it!!

No comments: