Tuesday, March 25, 2008

#7 Apple Cake

I clipped this recipe out of the Salt Lake Tribune years ago. One of my favorite cakes!

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups grated,pared apples
1 cup chopped nuts
4 teaspoons cinnamon
4 teaspoons brown sugar

Beat eggs until thick. Gradually add sugar and oil, beat until thoroughly blended. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Fold in apples and nuts.

Mix cinnamon and brown sugar together in a small bowl.

Spread a third of the batter in a greased angel food or bundt pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture. Spread another third of the batter, and then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture. Spread the remaining batter into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool before removing from pan.

3 comments:

Kim said...

We had some of this at Easter dinner and it was delicious!! It is extremely moist and crumbly.

Steph Wardle said...

I am not a huge cake fan and this is one of my favorites! I too was present at the same Easter dinner as Kim and I left pleasantly plump after consuming as much cake as I could :) Thanks!

Sylvia said...

Hi Steph,
Would you please post your Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe? Paul really loved it.

Sylvia