Tuesday, March 4, 2008

#1 Slow Cooker Tacos




This is a really easy and delicious taco recipe!

Ingredients:

1 Boneless chuck roast (4-4 1/2 lbs)
2 packets taco seasoning
1 medium onion sliced
Seasoned Salt to taste (optional)


Directions:

Place Roast in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasoning then add onion. Cover and cook on High for 4-6 hours or Low for 8-10 hours (I always use the Low temp. to prevent burning). Remove roast and shred with a fork. Return to slow cooker and stir in Seasoned Salt if you are using it. Serve in tacos, tortillas, on rolls or over rice.

I like to make them in soft tortillas with sour cream and salsa and cheese. Sometimes I make up a mix of black beans and rice to put in my tacos. Tomatoes and lettuce would be good too.

Per Serving:

341 Cal, 46 g protein, 6 g car, 0 g fiber, 13 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 34% cal from fat, 121 mg chol. 611 mg sodium.

Makes 8 servings

This recipe came from Woman's Day Magazine Vol. XVI, Nov. 2, 2006. It was a special Slow Cooker Edition.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love this recipe! I made it yesterday and it turned out great as usual. I froze the leftovers.

Kim said...

I made this on Tuesday night, and we love it. I used the leftovers yesterday and made Quesedillas!!!