Thursday, August 14, 2008

#21 Chicken Salad


Ingredients:

Lettuce or bag of mixed salad greens
Cooked & Cubed Chicken
Black Olives (sliced)
Mandarin Oranges
Cucumber (chopped)
Carrots (chopped)
Cheese (Cubed)
Crutons
Celery (chopped)
Salt & Pepper
Your choice of salad dressing

Directions:

This is a really easy one. I used leftover chicken from a lemon chicken dinner. You could boil the chicken until it is cooked through. I also like my chicken cold on the salad but you could definitely use warm chicken.

Place the lettuce or salad greens on the plates. Layer the remaining ingredients except the salt, pepper and salad dressing. I usually put the crutons and oranges on last. In the past I have used the crunchy asian noodles (I don't know what they are called) instead of the crutons, I think they are healthier for you and have less calories and salt.

Serve with salad dressing and salt & pepper to taste. That is a very simple and refreshing summer meal!!

No comments: